All hunts are 10 days. Hunts are based out of Sand Point, AK. The contracting guide for the Peninsula hunts is G’s Greatland Guiding, LLC. Our brown bear hunts take place on private Native land in remote areas. We have exclusive hunting rights in these areas so there is no competition from other hunters. These areas produce some of the largest brown bears in the world and they can only be hunted by us! Typically we see over 100 bears during the season and our hunters have enjoyed near 100% success. These areas are managed by the Alaska Department of Fish & Game for trophy bears. To accomplish this, Unit 9 is open in October of odd years (2011, 2013) and May in even years (2010, 2012). This means a complete closure for 16 months between the spring and fall seasons and this closure, combined with the remoteness of our areas, provides lots of big, old, trophy-class bears. This allows us to target bears 9’ and larger. We consistently take bears that square over 10’ and exceed B&C trophy requirements. Come join us for the “Hunt of a Lifetime”.
We have two Super Cubs to support our camps.
- All travel from Sand Point to camp and return to Sand Point.
- Bombshelter-type camp tents, food, guide, and trophy preparation in field camp.
- All camping equipment except for your sleeping bag.
Whats not included:
- If you wish – we have a special arrangement with D & C Expediters ( at your cost) to handle and prepare your hides for shipping.
- Hotel, food, air travel before or after your arrival and departure Sand Point
- Cost of your hunting licenses & tags.
- Non-Hunter accompanying $5,500.00
- Any required export permits if needed.
Check out these videos: